Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Adrian

751 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2022-02-15 10:11:47

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    ADRIAN SCOTT
    2022-02-10 05:36:44
     HI, I have a maxisys elite 2 and purchased for special functions to clear Clutch statistics and calibrate clutch on an 2007 Aston Martin Vantage. There is not enough information on what sequence to follow and whether or not the engine needs to be running when carrying out special function "self-tune". Help please.

•   Level 5   
    (342) points
    witsend

2022-02-13 08:28:06 (Reply to:ADRIAN SCOTT)

If in doubt  I would start off with the  key on engine off. If conditions aren't right for calibration to happen it will likely abort or not do anything . It should prompt you when to depress or start the car or display conditions not right, and then maybe you could retry it while engine running.
    If conditions aren't right the calibration won't happen. You might want to check function viewer to see if special function is listed

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    ADRIAN SCOTT
    2022-02-15 10:11:47 (Reply to:witsend)
     Hi, thanks witsend for the feedback. This time I started the car and then started the self tune program. There was silence from the transmission (with engine off previously there would be an actuator clunking sound during the tune process) and the display showed car in Neutral. The only feedback during the tune was on the dashboard display asking for me to press the brake pedal about half way through the tune. When the tune had completed (according to the progress bar) I switched the engine off and then the actuators could be heard (for about 15 seconds) as if trying to select a gear although car was still showing in Neutral. There were no errors and no prompting to start the car.
    I assume that this self tune process would have the engine running and cycle through each gear and set the kiss points? I get the feeling this is a software problem as my car was fine before attempting a self tune? Car runs a Marelli controller and Graziano gearbox.
  Total1 Pages